Volunteering: How to Help
Please consider volunteering for a Station on your Adult Registration Form.
- If you have a hobby or skill that may help teach boys about the scouting adventure (Surveying? First aid? Environmental science? Crafter? Artist? and more…), consider offering that as a Station!
- If you’re willing to learn some scout skills, games or crafts and instruct and guide boys in learning the same skills, games or crafts, we’ll help you!.
In order to volunteer, you have to register for camp as an adult volunteer. For information on registering for camp, go to the Registration page. If you are interested in joining the Camp Linstead Day Camp staff, please contact the registrar for a list of open positions.
Due to a great need to fill camp staff positions- especially Station Managers and Station Volunteers- camp size will be limited to prevent crowding of Cub Scouts at stations.
For information on Volunteer Opportunities both before and during Camp contact Day Camp Director.
All volunteers (who volunteer for more than 1 day) at Day Camp will be provided with training for this year’s Camp. This year’s training is mandatory, due to the number of activities and changes within Camp this year.
Discounts for adult volunteers that volunteer to help at Camp:
- Day Camp Staff*: 2 Scouts or 1 Scout and a Tagalong (MUST pay for shirts)
- 5 Day Den Leader: $85.00 Discount plus one Tagalong FREE (if all 5 days are for same Den)
- 5 Day Volunteers: $ 75.00 Discount
- 4 Day Volunteers: $ 55.00 Discount
- 3 Day Volunteers: $ 35.00 Discount
- Pack Coordinators: $ 55.00 Discount
* Staff discounts are available to Administrative Staff and Station Managers. To become a Staff member please contact your Day Camp Registrar or Director prior to Starting your paperwork.
Volunteer Quotas for Packs.
Packs sending boys to Day Camp MUST satisfy the following three quotas:
5-Day Den Leaders, 5 Day Station Volunteers and Staff Positions:
One 5-Day Adult Volunteer for every 8th boy registered from your Pack, to serve as Den Leader, 5-Day Station Volunteer, or as Camp Staff. These volunteers must be 5-Day volunteers and meet the specified BSA registration and training requirements. See Training Requirements section for more information about required training.
Camp Volunteers for Stations or Dens:
One Adult Volunteer for each of the five (5) days of Day Camp for every 4th boy registered from your Pack. Multiple adults may pool their available days to cover this requirement, but each of the 5 days of Camp must be covered. Note: Each 5-Day Den Leader or Camp Staffer provided by the Pack may be used to satisfy the requirement for one Camp or Den Volunteer.
- 1 Bear and 2 Webelos, NO mandatory volunteer needed.
- 2 Bears and 2 Wolves, ONE mandatory volunteer required. Two of your parents could volunteer, one for 2 days and one for 3 days. This satisfies your requirement for ONE mandatory volunteer for each of the 5 days.
One Adult Volunteer for every 4th Scout of the same Rank, to help lead the Den of that same Rank. Multiple adults may pool their available days to cover this requirement, but each of the 5 days of Camp must be covered. Note: Each 5-Day Den Leader or Camp Staffer provided by the Pack may be used to satisfy the requirement for one Camp or Den Volunteer.
- 3 Webelos, no mandatory Den volunteer needed.
- 4 5, 6, or 7 Webelos, ONE mandatory volunteer needed
- 8, 9, 10, or 11 Webelos, TWO mandatory volunteers needed.